This inspirational book gives strategies and ideas to educators who work with wounded students--students who are beyond the point of "at-risk" and who suffer from hopelessness. It shows teachers and principals how to understand, teach, discipline, and motivate these students. This book will also empower and encourage educators to give hope to all students and direct them on a path to academic and life success.
* Understanding the Wounded Student:The Key to Reaching Wounded Students
* Identifying the Wounded Student: The Diversity of Wounded Students
* The Current State of Schools: The One-Third Model
* Why Address the Wounded Student: What is Your Mission and Vision for Wounded Students?
* Addressing the Wounded Student: Programs that Promote Success for All Students
* Self-Esteem and the Wounded Student: Making the Shift: Dealing with Behaviors
* Emotional Issues: Understanding the Stages of Behavior
* Reaching the Wounded Student: Teachable Moments Result in Hope for All Students