Real Estate, Construction and Economic Development in Emerging Market Economies examines the relationships between real estate and construction sectors and explores how each sector, and the relationships between them, affect economic development in emerging market economies (EMEs).
Throughout the book, the international team of contributors discuss topics as diverse as real estate finance and investment, housing, property development, construction project management, valuation, sustainability and corporate real estate. In doing so the book demonstrates how the relationship between construction and real estate impacts on economic development in countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, China, Ghana, Nigeria, Turkey, Lithuania, Hungary and Slovenia.
- the role of real estate brokerage in improving the living standards of citizens;
- the effect of a mineral boom on construction cycles, real estate values and the socio-economic conditions of people in boom towns and cities;
- corporate real estate management practices and how they affect economic growth; and
- the synergies between construction and real estate and how they, in turn, affect economic development.
This book will be of interest to those studying and researching real estate, construction, development studies, urban economics and emerging market economies.
1. Prologue Raymond T. Abdulai, Franklin Obeng-Odoom, Edward Ochieng & Vida Maliene Part I Links Between Real Estate and Construction Studies and Economic Development 2. Oil, Construction and Economic Development Franklin Obeng-Odoom 3. Constructıon, Real Estate Mortgage Market Development and Economıc Growth ın Turkey Işıl Erol 4. A Causal analysis between Construction, Real Estate and Economic Growth – A Case Study Slovenia Maruska Subic Kovac 5. The Ups and Downs of the Real Estate Market and its Relations with the rest of the Economy in China Meine Pieter van Dijk Part II Construction and Economic Development 6. Managing Cultural Changes in Construction Projects in Emerging Economies/Markets Edward Ochieng 7. Sustainable Construction in Emerging Economies Andrew Price & Edward Ochieng 8. Economic, Technological and Structural Demands of the Construction Industry in Emerging Markets South of the Sahara: A Case Study of Ghana Divine K. Ahadzie 9. Challenges of Infrastructure Procurement in Emerging Economies and Implications for Economic Development: A Case Study of Ghana Nii Ankrah, Joseph Mante & Issaka Ndekugri Part III Real Estate and Economic Development 10. Management of Real Estate Market Information and Economic Development in Developing Countries Raymond T. Abdulai & Anthony Owusu-Ansah 11. Informal Real Estate Brokerage as a Socially-embedded Market for Economic Development in Africa Franklin Obeng-Odoom 12. Student Housing Development and Economic Development Eric Yeboah 13. Real Estate and Social Inequality in Latin America: Approaches in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and ColombiaClaudia B. Murray 14. Corporate Real Estate Management in Africa: A Case Study of Nigeria Timothy Tunde Oladokun 15. Property Markets and Real Estate Valuation Practice in Central and Eastern Europe - Slovenia, Hungary, Poland and Lithuania Vida Malienė, Isabel Atkinson, Maruška Šubic Kovač, Andrea Pȍdör, Judit Nyiri, Mizseiné, Robert Dixon-Gough, Józef Hernik, Maria Pazdan, Rimvydas Gaudėšius & Virginija Gurskienė 16. Conclusion Raymond T. Abdulai, Franklin Obeng-Odoom, Edward Ochieng & Vida Maliene