Recent Advances in Fluid Mechanics
- This format is currently out of stock.
This unique monograph presents a collection of papers by leading international fluid dynamicists and applied mathematicians demonstrating the latest state of the art in fluid mechanics. The vast scope and breadth of this subject is illustrated with sections covering evolution in flow problems, convection and transport phenomena, dynamics of atmosphere, and wave propagation.
Table of Contents
Section I - Flow Problems
1. Magnetohydrodynamics 2. Solution to a Class of Integral Equation with an Application to Vortex Sheets in Plane Strain and the Finite Structure of Turbulence 3. Particle Aggregation and Unsteady Pipe Flow Characteristics of Magnetic Fluids
Section II - Convection and Transport Phenomena
1. Interfacial Tension Between Miscible Liquids 2. Heat and Mass Transfer in Vertical Annuli 3. Asymptotic Methods in Magnetoconvection 4. The Earth's Dynamo
Section III - Dynamics of Atmosphere
1. Turbulent Diffusion in the Natural Environment 2. Dynamic Modelling of the Global Change
Section IV - Wave Propagation
1. Propagation of Alfen Waves In an Isothermal Compressible Atmosphere When the Displacement Current Is Not Neglected 2. Simple Waves Are Not so Simple!