Remote Sensing Applications in Environmental and Earth System Sciences
Remote Sensing Applications in Environmental and Earth System Sciences is a contemporary, multi-disciplinary, multi-scaling, updated, and upgraded approach of applied remote sensing in the environment. The book begins with an overview of remote sensing technology, and then explains the types of data that can be used as well as the image processing and analysis methods that can be applied to each type of application through the use of case studies throughout.
- Includes a wide spectrum of environmental applications and issues
- Explains methodological image analysis and interpretation procedures for conducting a variety of environmental analyses
- Discusses the development of early warning systems
- Covers monitoring of the environment as a whole – atmosphere, land, and water
- Explores the latest remote sensing systems in environmental applications
This book is an excellent resource for anyone who is interested in remote sensing technologies and their use in Earth systems, natural resources, and environmental science.
Chapter 1 Remote Sensing Concepts and Systems.
Chapter 2 Precipitation.
Chapter 3 Meteorology and Climate.
Chapter 4 Hydrology and Water Resources.
Chapter 5 Marine and Coastal Ecosystems.
Chapter 6 Environmental Hazards.
Chapter 7 Agriculture.
Chapter 8 Forestry.
Chapter 9 Geology.
Chapter 10 Renewable Energy Sources.
Chapter 11 Land Use and Land Cover (LULC).