Removal of Pollutants from Saline Water
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 23, 2021
Removal of Pollutants from Saline Water: Treatment Technologies provides a comprehensive understanding of technologies that are currently adopted in the treatment of pollutants present in saline water systems. It provides information on the treatment technologies for saline water systems, including seawater, brackish water, oil produced water, and other industrial saline wastewaters.
- Presents information exclusively for saline water pollutant removal
- Introduces current treatment technologies and why and how the techniques differ between fresh and salt water
- Offers an inclusive overview of physicochemical, biological, membrane, advanced oxidation treatment technologies
- Features various perspectives and case studies from relevant global experts
- Provides a comprehensive one stop source for treatment of pollutants in all saline water systems.
Aimed at students, academicians, researchers and practicing engineers in the fields of chemical, civil, marine, and environmental engineering who wish to be acquainted with most recent developments in the treatment of pollutants present in saline water systems.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Characteristics of Saline Water and Health Impact 3. Methods for Assessing Fouling and Scaling of Saline Water in Membrane-based Desalination 4. Green Technologies for Saline Water Treatment 5. Advanced Oxidation Processes for the Treatment of Pollutants From Saline Water 6. Application of Artificial Intelligence in the Treatment of Saline Water 7. Emerging Membrane Technologies for Saline Water Treatment: Challenges and Future Perspectives 8. Emerging Membrane Technologies for Saline Water Purification Process: an Overview of the Efficiency Based on Structure – Property Relationship 9. Micro and Nano Plastics (Mnps) Pollutant Removal From Saline Water 10. A Qualitative Examination of Applications and Treatment Technologies of Brackish Water 11. Treatment of Pollutants From Brackish Water – Technologies and Challenges 12. Application of Polymers in the Treatment of Industrial Saline Wastewater 13. Membrane Process Technologies for Industrial Saline Wastewater Treatment and Its Applications 14. Industrial Saline Wastewater Treatment Technologies Using Microalgae Biomass 15. Advanced Treatment Technologies of Industrial Saline Wastewater Using Microalgal Culture - Challenges and Future Prospective 16. Treatment of Industrial Saline Wastewater Using Phytoremediation 17. Bio Coagulation-flocculation of Land-based Saline Aquaculture Effluent Using Parkia Biglobosa Seeds: Turbidity, Salinity, and Colour Reduction 18. Low Cost Adsorbents for the Treatment of Saline Oil Produced Water 19. Sulphate Radical Based Advanced Oxidation Process for Treatment of Organic Contaminants From Industrial Saline Waste Water 20. The Fenton-based Approaches Focusing Industrial Saline Wastewater Treatment
Prof. Dr. Shaik Feroz is currently working at Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd University in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Feroz obtained his doctorate in the field of Chemical Engineering from Andhra University, India in 2004, Post Doc Research Fellowship from Leibniz University, Germany in 2015, M. Tech in Chemical Engineering from Osmania University, India in 1998, and B. Tech in Chemical Engineering from S. V. University, India in 1992. He received his Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Studies from Andhra University in 2003. Dr. Feroz has expertise in process engineering, plant design and troubleshooting, quality control using advanced analytical equipment, wastewater treatment, solar energy systems (PV & CSP) for desalination, hot water systems and water treatment, synthesis of nanophotocatalysts, simultaneous treatment of wastewater and production of hydrogen, environmental impact assessment, design, delivery and management chemical and process engineering programs and tailored made industrial based training programs related to chemical and process engineering. Dr. Feroz has more than 160 publications to his credit in journals and conferences of international repute and supervised 4 PhD research works with another 2 on-going. Dr. Feroz is associated as the Principal Investigator/CO-Investigator on a number of research projects and also involved as “Technology transfer agent” by Innovation Research Center, Sultanate of Oman. He has offered significant contribution as Editorial member and peer reviewer for various reputed international journals and conferences. He was awarded “Best Researcher” by the Caledonian College of Engineering for the year 2014. Dr. Feroz has total experience of 27 years in teaching, research and industry.
Prof. Dr. Detlef W. Bahnemann is Head of the Photocatalysis and Nanotechnology Research Unit at the Institute of Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University of Hannover (Germany), Director of the Megagrant Laboratory "Photoactive Nanocomposite Materials" at St. Petersburg State University (Russia), Supernumerary Professor in the Faculty of Natural Sciences at the Leibniz University of Hannover (Germany), and Distinguished Professor at Shaanxi University of Science & Technology, Xi’an (Peoples Republic of China). He is author of more than 500 publications in refereed journals and in books and more than 100 other publications with a current Hirsch-Factor (h-Index) of 85 (papers have been cited more than 47,000 times altogether) according to Scopus and Web of Science. According to Google Scholar Citations Prof. Bahnemann is a Highly Cited Author with his current Hirsch-Factor (h-Index) being 100, whose papers have been cited more than 63,000 times altogether. He has presented more than 400 lectures at scientific meetings, in various universities, research institutes and at industrial research and development centres (approx. 50% invited keynote and plenary lectures). Prof. Bahnemann is editor of 5 Scientific Books. Amongst other honors, he received an Honorary Professorship at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen/Scotland (United Kingdom), an Erudite Professorship, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (India), a Guest Professorship at the Tianjin University in Tianjin (China), and an Honorary Professorship at Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics & Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science (China). Prof. Bahnemann is DeTao Master of Photocatalysis, Nanomaterials and Energy Applications (China), Visiting Professor under Academic Icon Programme to the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University Malaya in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Visiting Research Professor in the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Queens University Belfast (United Kingdom), and Visiting Professor in the Chemistry Department, College of Science, University of Dammam (Saudi Arabia). In 2017 Dr. Bahnemann received the Medal "To the Memory of Academician N. M. Emanuel" presented by the Russian Academy of Sciences and M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russian Federation). Currently, he is Visiting Scholar in the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Queens University Belfast (United Kingdom), Fellow of the European Academy of Sciences (EURASC) and Member of the Academia Europaea (AE). Prof. Dr. Detlef W. Bahnemann is Associate Editor of the Journal Catalysis Letters, Associate Editor of the Journal Photochem, Section Editor-in-Chief "Photocatalysis" of the Journal Catalysts, Executive Editorial Board Member of the Journal J Phys Energy, as well as Member of the Editorial Board of several other journals