This comprehensive reference text discusses uncertainty modeling of renewable energy resources and its steady state analysis. The text discusses challenges related to renewable energy integration to the grid, techniques to mitigate these challenges, problems associated with integration at transmission and distribution voltage level, and protection of power system with large renewable power integration.
It covers important concepts including voltage issues in power networks, use of FACTS devices for reactive power management, stochastic optimization, robust optimization, and spatiotemporal dependence modeling.
- Presents analysis and modeling of renewable generation uncertainty for planning and operation, beneficial for industry professionals and researchers.
- Discusses dependence modeling of multi-site renewable generations in detail.
- Covers probabilistic analysis, useful for data analysts.
- Discusses various aspects of renewable energy integration i.e. technical, economic, etc.
- Covers correlation factors, and methodologies are validated with case studies with various standard test systems.
The text will be useful for graduate students and professionals in the fields of electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, renewable energy, and clean technologies.
Table of Contents
1. Renewable energy scenario of the world and future pattern
S Joshal, A. H. Lone, Neeraj Gupta, Anuradha Tomar, Rakesh Sehgal
2. Technical Challenges in Renewable Generations and their Integration to Grid
D Blandina Miracle, R K Viral, P M Tiwari and Mohit Bansal
3. Renewable Energy Integration Issues from Consumer and Utility Perceptive
K Pritam Satsangi, Sailesh Babu G S, Bhagwan Das Devulapalli and Ajay Kumar Saxena
4. Voltage Issues in Power Networks with Renewable Power Generation
Sushil Kumar Gupta and Kapil Gandhi
5. Reactive Power Management in Power Systems Integrated with Renewable generation Satish Kumar and Ashwani Kumar
6. Optimum Scheduling and Dispatch Of Power Systems with Renewable Generations
Abhishek Rajan and Bimal Kumar Dora
7. Role of Stochastic Optimization for Power System Operation and Decision Making
Wen-Shan Tan, Mohamed Shaaban
8. Dependence Modeling of Multi-Site Renewable Generations
Satyabrata Das, B Rajanarayan Prusty
9. Probabilistic Steady-State Analysis of Power Systems Integrated with Renewable Generations
Vikas Singh, Tukaram Moger, Debashisha Jena
10. Risk Evaluation of Electricity Systems with Large Penetration of Renewable Generations
Sheng Wang, Lalit Goel, Yi Ding
Neeraj Gupta is working as an Assistant Professor in National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, JandK, India.
Anuradha Tomar is currently working as Assistant Professor in Instrumentation & Control Engineering Division of Netaji Subhas University, Delhi, India.
B Rajanarayan Prusty is presently working as an Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) in the School of Electrical Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore.
Pankaj Gupta is working with Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Delhi, India as Assistant Professor since 2005.