Revise AS Level Psychology is designed to give a clear framework of the content of the course. It will help both the hard-working student who has worked solidly throughout the course and the 'I should have worked harder' student who urgently needs to gain sufficient knowledge to pass the exam. It has been updated in line with the latest syllabus specification and includes page references to AS Level Psychology, 4th Edition by Michael W. Eysenck. Although it is designed to supplement this book, it can be used alongside any AS-level psychology textbook.
This revision guide is written for a broad spectrum of students taking the AQA-A AS psychology exam. It gives excellent guidance, not only on how to pass the exam, but also on how to avoid the panic and pitfalls that so many students face at exam time. It includes a number of helpful features:
- An outline of the format of the exam, following the most up-to-date syllabus requirements, along with tips on how to perform well and advice on raising grades
- Essential topic information presented as flow charts and summary lists
- Clear and full definitions of important terms and concepts, studies, and theories
- An explanation of how examiners assess students
- Guidance throughout the text that encourages active engagement with the material
- Can be used with any AS-level psychology textbook, though there are cross-references throughout to the appropriate pages in Eysenck's AS Level Psychology
Table of Contents
Part 1. Preparing for the Exam. Part 2. Cognitive Psychology: Human Memory. Part 3. Developmental Psychology: Attachments in Development. Part 4. Physiological Psychology: Stress. Part 5. Individual Differences: Abnormality. Part 6. Social Psychology: Social Influence. Part 7. Research Methods. Part 8. Sample Questions and Answers. Glossary.
Diana Dwyer, The West Bridgford School, UK
Roz Brody, Brighton, Hove, and Sussex Sixth Form College, UK
"This is a really attractive revision textbook! It is very clearly structured and has useful topic breakdowns at the beginning of each section, followed by important terms and concepts. The illustrations are fantastic, real memory-cues, and the mixture of formal information, guidance, and sample questions should be extremely helpful for a wide range of learning styles. The whole tone of this text is welcoming and encouraging and will motivate students to revise well and successfully." - Evie Bentley, Advanced Skills Practitioner for Psychology, West Sussex Adult and Community Learning; Chairperson 1999-2002, The Association for the Teaching of Psychology
"For those studying AS Psychology, this book is the ideal companion! It provides students with all the essential information - what you need to know, how to learn it, what the exam questions ask for and how to answer them. There is comprehensive coverage of the specification and plenty of example questions to practise on." - Dr Dave Putwain AFBPsS, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Edge Hill University, UK