This is a comprehensive student revision guide for those taking the GCSE OCR Psychology exam. It summarises the specification material clearly and attractively, enabling students to easily digest and retain the information.
Packed full of revision tips and techniques, the book includes a number of unique and helpful features:
- Overviews of the OCR specification content
- Summaries of the major research studies
- Practical and innovative suggestions for revision techniques at the end of each chapter
- Example exam questions and model answers
- A separate chapter dedicated to preparing for the exam, giving practical advice on getting organised, techniques for maximising revision time, and advice on structuring exam time appropriately for optimum performance
- A comprehensive glossary of important terms and their definitions, to aid understanding of the material.
Revise Psychology for GCSE Level gives excellent guidance, not only on how to pass the exam, but also on how to avoid the panic and pitfalls that so many students face at exam time. Although a companion to the bestselling Psychology for GCSE Level, 2nd edition by Dwyer and Roberts, this revision guide can be used alongside any GCSE psychology textbook.
Table of Contents
Preparing for the GCSE Exam. Biological Psychology: Sex and Gender. Cognitive Psychology: Memory. Developmental Psychology: Attachment. Social Psychology: Obedience. Individual Differences: Atypical Behaviour. Biological Psychology: Criminal Behaviour. Cognitive Psychology: Perception. Developmental Psychology: Cognitive Development. Social Psychology: Non-verbal Communication. Individual Differences: The Self. Research in Psychology.
"An excellent resource for all teachers and students using the OCR specification for GCSE psychology. Containing superb ‘tips’ and activities as a means of maximising the revision experience, and clear explanations of how exam questions should be approached by students, this book is an essential tool for increasing examination achievement." – Elle Boag, Teacher of Psychology, Totton College, UK
"Written in a style that is simple, clear and appropriate, this revision guide closely matches the OCR specification and includes clear and concise summaries of all the key topic areas as well as useful evaluations. The special features, including the identification of key terms, definitions, outlines of key studies and examination questions and answers, makes it an excellent revision resource for GCSE students that will really aid their exam preparation." – Jane Scampion, Head of Psychology, Ilkley Grammar School, UK