Most systems in science, engineering, and biology are of partial differential systems (PDSs) modeled by partial differential equations. Many books about partial differential equations have been written by mathematicians and mainly address some fundamental mathematic backgrounds and discuss some mathematic properties of partial differential equations. Only a few books on PDSs have been written by engineers; however, these books have focused mainly on the theoretical stabilization analysis of PDSs, especially mechanical systems. This book investigates both robust stabilization control design and robust filter design and reference tracking control design in mechanical, signal processing, and control systems to fill a gap in the study of PDSs.
Robust Engineering Designs of Partial Differential Systems and Their Applications offers some fundamental background in the first two chapters. The rest of the chapters focus on a specific design topic with a corresponding deep investigation into robust H∞ filtering, stabilization, or tracking design for more complex and practical PDSs under stochastic fluctuation and external disturbance.
This book is aimed at engineers and scientists and addresses the gap between the theoretical stabilization results of PDSs in academic and practical engineering designs more focused on the robust H∞ filtering, stabilization, and tracking control problems of linear and nonlinear PDSs under intrinsic random fluctuation and external disturbance in industrial applications.
Part I provides backgrounds on PDSs, such as Galerkin’s, and finite difference methods to approximate PDSs and a fuzzy method to approximate nonlinear PDSs. Part II examines robust H∞ filter designs for the robust state estimation of linear and nonlinear stochastic PDSs. And Part III treats robust H∞ stabilization and tracking control designs of linear and nonlinear PDSs. Every chapter focuses on an engineering design topic with both theoretical design analysis and practical design examples.
Table of Contents
Part I: Background
1. Introduction to Partial Differential Systems
2. Fuzzy Solutions to Partial Differential Equations
Part II: Robust Signal Processing Design
3. Robust Filter Design for Linear Stochastic Partial Differential Systems via a Set of Sensor Measurements
4. Robust Filter Design for Nonlinear Stochastic Partial Differential Systems in Sensor Signal Processing
5. Robust Synchronization Design of Partial Differential Systems via Diffusion Coupling
Part III: Robust Control System Design
6. Robust Stabilization Control Design of Large Structural Systems under Mode Truncation, Parameter Perturbations and Actuator Saturations
7. Robust Observer-Based Output Feedback Control Design of Large Flexible Structures: Mode State-Space Approach and Frequency Domain Robustness Measurement Method
8. Robust Stabilization Design for Stochastic Linear Partial Differential Systems under Spatiotemporal Disturbances and Sensor Measurement Noises
9. Fuzzy State-Space Modeling and Robust Observer-Based Control Design for Nonlinear Partial Differential Systems
10. Robust Tracking Control Design of Nonlinear Distributed Parameter Time-Delayed Systems
11. Robust Stabilization Control Design of Nonlinear Stochastic Partial Differential Systems
12. Robust Fuzzy H∞ Estimator-Based Stabilization Design for Nonlinear Parabolic Partial Differential Systems with Different Boundary Conditions
13. Low Design-Cost Fuzzy Controllers for Robust Stabilization of Nonlinear Partial Differential Systems
Dr. Bor-Sen Chen received B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Tatung Institute of Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, in 1970, and M.S. degree of geophysics from the National Central University, Chungli, Taiwan in 1973, and Ph.D degree from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA, in 1973. From 1973 to 1987, he had been a lecturer, associate professor, and professor of Tatung Institute of Technology. From 1987, he has been a professor, chair professor and Tsing Hua distinguished chair professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering of National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. His research interests include robust control theory and engineering design, robust signal processing and communication system design, and systems biology. He has published more than 300 journal papers, including 130 papers in control, 70 papers in signal processing and communication, and 100 papers in systems biology. He has also published 10 monographs. He was the recipient of numerous awards for his academic accomplishments in robust control, fuzzy control, H∞ control, stochastic control, signal processing and systems biology, including 4 Outstanding Research Awards of National Science Council, Academic Award in Engineering from Ministry of Education, National Chair Professor of the Ministry of Education, Best Impact Award of IEEE Taiwan Section for his most SCI citations of IEEE members in Taiwan, etc. His current research interest focuses on the H∞ team formation network tracking control of large-scale UAVs, large-scale biped robots and their team cooperation, deep neural network (DNN)-based control design of nonlinear dynamic systems, systems medicine design based on design specifications and deep learning schemes, etc. He is a life fellow of IEEE.