Now in its second edition, Romanian: An Essential Grammar is a concise, user-friendly guide to modern Romanian. It takes the student through the essentials of the language, explaining each concept clearly and providing many examples of contemporary Romanian usage.
This fully revised second edition contains:
• a chapter of each of the most common grammatical areas with Romanian and English examples
• extensive examples of the more difficult areas of the grammar
• a section with exercises to consolidate the learning and the answer key
• a list of useful verbs
• an appendix listing useful websites for further information
• a glossary of grammatical terms used in the book
• a useful bibliographical list.
Suitable for both classroom use and independent study, this book is ideal for beginner to intermediate students.
Table of Contents
Part 1: An essential grammar 1. Sounds and letters 2. Nouns 3. Articles 4. Adjectives 5. Pronouns 6. Numerals 7. Verbs 8. Adverbs 9. Prepositions 10. Conjunctions 11. Interjections 12. Word formation Part 2: Language functions 13. Socialising 14. Exchanging factual information 15. Expressing opinions and attitudes 16. Judgement and evaluation
Ramona Gönczöl is a lecturer in Romanian language at the School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University College London. She is co-author, with Dennis Deletant, of Colloquial Romanian, 4th edition, Routledge, 2012. Ramona's research interests include language acquisition, learner experience, online learning, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, cultural identities and language contact.