Reissuing seven works originally published between 1977 and 1992, this collection offers a varied selection of surveys of historical practices and attitudes to sexuality, from complete reviews of changing attitudes through time, to individual studies of France in the 19th and 20th Centuries and England in the 17th. This set will be of interest in sociology, gender studies, cultural studies and history.
Table of Contents
1. Sin, Sickness & Sanity: A History of Sexual Attitudes Vern L. Bullough and Bonnie Bullough
2. Homosexuality: A History (From Ancient Greece to Gay Liberation) Vern L. Bullough
3. Sexual Moralities in France, 1780-1980: New Ideas on the Family, Divorce, and Homosexuality: An Essay on Moral Change Antony Copley
4. The Sexuality Papers: Male Sexuality and the Social Control of Women Lal Coveney, Margaret Jackson, Sheila Jeffreys, Leslie Kay and Pat Mahony
5. Wanton Wenches and Wayward Wives: Peasants and Illicit Sex in Early Seventeenth Century England G.R. Quaife
6. Medieval Sexuality: A Research Guide Joyce E. Salisbury
7. Sex in the Middle Ages: A Book of Essays edited by Joyce E. Salisbury
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field.