Routledge Library Editions: Jewish History
Reissuing works originally published between 1929 and 1992, the 11 volumes in this set:
- Include topics as diverse as oral history, community organization and Jewish education.
- Cover Jewish ethics and emphasize the importance of Judaism as a living creed
- Chart the situation of Latin American Jewish communities in the 20th Century.
- Explore the development in England of the Sephardi branch of the Jewish community
- Examine post-Holocaust antisemitism in Vienna
- Offer global perspectives on the Jewish situation in the late 20th Century
Table of Contents
1. The Jewish Presence in Latin America Edited by Judith Laikin Elkin and Gilbert W. Merkx 2. Jewish Life in Modern Britain Edited by Julius Gould and Shaul Esh 3. The Sephardim of England Albert Montefiore Hyamson 4. Judaism as Creed and Life Morris Joseph 5. The Spirit of Judaism Morris Joseph 6. Jews, Antisemitism and Culture in Vienna Edited by Ivar Oxaal, Michael Pollak, Gerhard Botz 7. Organizing Rescue: National Jewish Solidarity in the Modern Period Edited by Selwyn Ilan Troen and Benjamin Pinkus 8. Between Redemption and Perdition: Modern Anti-semitism and Jewish Identity Robert S. Wistrich 9. Jewish Writing and Identity in the Twentieth Century Leon Israel Yudkin