Originally published between 1952 and 1989 the 3 volumes in this set
- Utilize unpublished documents to build up a picture of Stalin with all his qualities and faults, crimes & achievements.
- Examine the change from revolutionism to nationalism which took place in the Soviet Union during the 1930s.
- Explore the way in which Stalin has been portrayed by Soviet, emigré Russian, and European writers including Orwell, Nabokov, Mandelstam, Pasternak and Solzhenitsyn
Table of Contents
1. The Real Stalin Yves Delbars 2. Stalin Versus Marx Klaus Mehnert 3. Images of Dictatorship Rosalind Marsh.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- HISTORY / General
- HISTORY / Europe / Russia & the Former Soviet Union
- HISTORY / Modern / 20th Century