Routledge Library Editions: The Economics and Business of Technology (49 vols)
Originally published between 1967 and 1999 the 50 volumes in this set examine the impact of technology on economics and international business. The volumes:
- Present a synthesis of business functions and economic analysis and ask what the implications for skills development are and the effect of public policy
- Report on global companies' experience with computers in company training in such areas as banking, finance, insurance, manufacturing, IT, the retail industry, transport, telecommunications and energy.
- Look at the way in which some businesses in high technology manufacturing industry have organised their structures and processes in order to manage product innovation effectively
- Provide a valuable contribution to the development of a non-technological approach in the study of technology and work
Table of Contents
1. Edited by A. Amin and J. B. Goddard Technological change, industrial restructuring and regional development
2. S. D. Anderman Trade unions and technological change.
3. Edited by Philippe Aydalot and David Keeble High technology industry and innovative environments : the European experience
4. Edited by Michele Bagella Finance, Investment and Innovation
5. Robert A. Battis Technological innovation and economic change in the iron industry, 1850-1920
6. Edited by Martin Beirne and Harvie Ramsay Information technology and workplace democracy
7. Wim G. Biemans Managing Innovation within networks.
8. D. Jane. Bower Company and campus partnership : supporting technology transfer
9. Edited by M. J. Breheny and Ronald McQuaid The Development of high technology industries : an international survey
10. Annette Davies Industrial relations and new technology
11. Mark Dodgson Technological collaboration in industry
12. Richard Emmerink and Peter Nijkamp Behavioural and Network Impacts of Driver Information Systems
13. David Firnberg Computers, management and information.
14. Lilly B. Gardner Federal influences on biomedical technology innovation
15. Edited by Arthur Francis and Peter Grootings New technologies and work : capitalist and socialist perspectives
16. John Graham Making computers pay
17. Edited by F. E. Ian Hamilton Industrial change in advanced economies
18. Chris Harlow Innovation and productivity under nationalisation : the first thirty years
19. David G Hawkridge, Wendy Newton, Carole Hall Computers in company training
20. Jill Hills Information technology and industrial policy
21. F. A. Johne Industrial product innovation : organisation and management
22. Edited by Fahri Karakaya and Erdener Kaynak Utilizing new information technology in teaching of international business : a guide for instructors
23. Tim Kelly The British computer industry : crisis and development
24. A G. Kenwood and A L Lougheed Technological diffusion and industrialisation before 1914.
25. Dan M. Khanna The rise, decline, and renewal of Silicon Valley's high technology industry
26. G. M. Lamb Computers in the public service.
27. Richard N. Langlois Microelectronics : an industry in transition
28. Christopher Layton Ten innovations : an international study on technological development and the use of qualified scientists and engineers in ten industries
29. Per Lind Computerization in developing countries : model and reality
30. Richard J. Long New office information technology : human and managerial implications
31. Joseph P. Martino An introduction to technological forecasting.
32. Enid Mumford and Olive Banks The Computer and the Clerk
33. Keith Norris and John Vaizey The economics of research and technology.
34. Richard Ouma-Onyango Information resources and technology transfer management in developing countries
35. Surendra J. Patel Technological Transformation in the Third World Vol 1: Asia
36. Surendra J. Patel Technological Transformation in the Third World Vol 2: Africa
37. Surendra J. Patel Technological Transformation in the Third World Vol 3: Latin America
38. Surendra J. Patel Technological Transformation in the Third World Vol 4: Developed Countries
39. Surendra J. Patel Technological Transformation in the Third World Vol 5: The Historic Process
40. Edited by Nigel Piercy Management information systems : the technology challenge
41. Edited by Nigel Piercy The Management implications of new information technology
42. David A. Preece Managing the adoption of new technology.
43. Edited by Harvey M. Sapolsky, Rhonda J. Crane, W. Russell Neuman and Eli M. Noam The telecommunications revolution : past, present and future
44. Edited by P. Paolo Saviotti and J. S. Metcalfe Evolutionary theories of economic and technological change : present status and future prospects
45. Edited by Mark E. Schaffer Technology transfer and East-West relations
46. Edited by Jurgen Schmandt and Robert Wilson Growth policy in the age of high technology : the role of regions and states
47. Hubert Schmitz Technology and employment practices in developing countries
48. Edited by Peter Swann New technologies and the firm : innovation and competition
49. Alexander M. Thompson Technology, labor and industrial structure of the U.S. Coal industry.
50. Edited by Clem Tisdell and Priyatosh Maitra Technological change, development and the environment : socio-economic perspectives
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field