Safety in Petroleum Industries
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after March 4, 2021
Safety in Petroleum Industries covers pertinent safety aspects and precautions to be taken for design, operation, maintenance, inspection and project constructions for petroleum industries, with an emphasis on petroleum refineries. Relevant practical knowledge and experience contributing to safe and sustained operation of the industry has been compiled with all necessary references. Identified areas where theoretical inputs are required have also been incorporated. Learning objectives for the petroleum industries have been identified and discussed in an organized manner based on author’s more than thirty-five years of experience in petroleum and chemical industries.
Aimed at practicing engineers in upstream and downstream petroleum industries, this book:
- Covers safety tips for operation of petroleum industries
- Documents design codes, tools and practices including safe operating practices of different equipment and safety procedures in a single source
- Includes detailed safety procedures like HAZOP, Safety Audit, management safety review, and process safety management
- Contains dedicated chapters on Fire Fighting, and Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics
- Discusses first-hand experienced examples and burning issues in the petroleum industry
Table of Contents
1. Preliminaries 2. PSM (Process safety Management) 3. Organization Safety Procedures 4. Project Safety 5. Safety Performance Indicators 6. Safety Reporting 7. IFC Guidelines on EHS - Present Perspective 8. Safety Tips on Operation 9. Incidents History & Case Studies
Dhananjoy Ghosh is an industrial professional and visiting faculty in universities. He is a chemical engineer, did his graduation with honours in chemistry also; he holds a PhD in petroleum technology, all from Calcutta University, India. Since beginning, his focus was on innovation, troubleshooting & safety. He had been in many refineries for safe commissioning of their projects and in this way, he became the expert of operation in all petroleum technologies. Due to his apt on innovation, he developed technology of a new process, "Re-extraction of Aromatics from petroleum residual extract" in 1995 and got innovation award from NPMP (under petroleum ministry of India) in 2000. In 1996, he developed another technology, "Simultaneous de-oiling & de-waxing in a single unit to produce quality Base oil & Micro-crystalline Wax at the same time" with the objective of integration and energy savings which got commercially implemented in 2002. He has a number of research publications in national and international journals. He served petroleum refineries for about 35 years starting from his career up to senior position heading refinery operation, maintenance, safety and training. He also served chemical and petrochemical industries in senior position after long stint in refinery sector. He worked as an expert panel member from Centre for High Technologies (CHT) on behalf of Petroleum Ministry for audit of benchmarking performance of Indian refineries.