As sales managers are encouraged to manage increasingly global territories, the art of selling becomes complicated and the rules of negotiation more diverse. This absorbing book considers the many facets of cross-cultural sales management, to provide salespeople and managers with a guide to making the most of the global sales force. Topics covered include:
* cross-cultural negotiations
* hiring, training, motivating and evaluating the international sales force
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
* sales territory design and management.
Included in the book are ten international case studies designed to give sales students, salespeople and their managers an explanation of diverse cultures and the dilemmas, situations and opportunities that arise when selling across borders.
The experienced international authors have brought together the most up-to-date information on the global marketplace - a subject neglected by many other texts. While still tackling sales from a managerial perspective, its cross-cultural approach makes it essential reading for those wishing to succeed in global sales.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Managing the Global Sales Force 2. Culture and Sales 3. Personal Sales in a Global Context 4. Cross-Cultural Communications, Negotiations, and The Global Selling Process, Part 1 5. The Global Selling Process, Part II 6. Global Sales Organizations 7. Selecting the Global Sales Force 8. Sales Training for a Worldwide Marketplace 9. Managing the Global Sales Territory 10. Motivating the Sales Force 11. Compensating the Global Sales Force 12. Evaluation in the Global Marketplace 13. Identifying and Forecasting Global Markets 14. Sales Force Strategies in the Global Marketplace 15. Customer Relationship Management
Earl D. Honeycutt is Professor of Business Administration at Elon University, North Carolina, USA.
John B. Ford is Professor of Marketing and International Business at Old Dominion University, Virginia, USA.
Antonis Simintiras is Professor of Marketing and Director of the European Business Management School at the University of Wales, Swansea.
'The authors have brought together the most up-to-date information to guide salespeople through the global marketplace. This book is essential reading for sales management students and sales managers wishing to succeed in global sales.' - Journal of International Marketing and Marketing Research