Sandwich Structural Composites: Theory and Practice offers a comprehensive coverage of sandwich structural composites. It describes the structure, properties, characterization, and testing of raw materials. In addition, it discusses design and process methods, applications and damage assessments of sandwich structural composites. The book:
- Offers a review of current sandwich composite lamination processes and manufacturing methods
- Introduces raw materials, including core materials, skin reinforcements, resin substrates and adhesives
- Discusses sandwich structure characterization, finite element analysis of the structures, and product design and optimization
- Describes benefits other than structural, including acoustic, thermal, and fire
- Details applications in various industries, including aerospace, wind energy, marine ships, recreational boats and vehicles, sport equipment, building construction, and extreme temperature applications
The book will be of benefit to industrial practitioners, researchers, academic faculty, and advanced students in materials and mechanical engineering and related disciplines looking to advance their understanding of these increasingly important materials.