Written by an experienced tutor, Savoir-Faire Plus is specifically designed to meet the requirements of today’s generation of language undergraduates. Focusing on the life of an Anglophone first year undergraduate studying French in the UK and sharing a house with four francophone students, this engaging textbook provides:
- a clear, logical structure
- a blend of communicative, research-based and traditional exercises
- a wide range of activities covering the four key linguistic skills as well as intercultural skills
- authentic texts (with extracts from Le Monde, L’Express, Le Nouvel Observateur and Libération)
- guidance and practical tips for effective and independent learning.
Each of the ten chapters consists of four topics-based sections which provide students with a wealth of diverse material allowing them to gain an in-depth knowledge of relevant topical subjects such as regional languages, sustainable development and fair trade, amongst others. Digestible grammar points are integrated throughout and a range of additional exercises are available on the Companion Website allowing students to perfect their language skills.
Suitable for both self-study and class use Savoir Faire Plus is the ideal course for all advanced students of French, consolidating knowledge gained at A-Level while supporting the transition to undergraduate study.
The Companion Website can be found at www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415444750
Please visit our companion website for additional support materials.