Increasing interest in lightweight and high-performance materials is leading to significant research activity in the area of polymers and composites. One recent focus is to develop multifunctional materials that have more than one property tailored as to the specified design requirements, in addition to achieving low density. The possibility of simultaneously tailoring several desired properties is attractive but very challenging, and it requires significant advancement in the science and technology of high-performance functional polymers and composites.
This volume presents a selection of new approaches in the field of composites and nanomaterials, polymer synthesis and applications, and materials and their properties. Some composites/nanocomposites and interfaces are explored as well, some with medical applications. The authors also look at simulations and modeling, synthesis involving photochemistry, self-assembled hydrogels, and sol-gel processing.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Composites And Nanomaterials
1. Chemistry of the Interfaces/Interphases in Composites and Nanocomposites
Marc J. M. Abadie
2. Composites Based on Epoxy Resin with Chemically Modified Mineral Fillers
L. G. Shamanauri et al.
3. Material Model of Polyester Composites with Glass Reinforced Polyester Recyclate and Nanofiller
M. Jastrzębska and M. Rutkowska
4. Structure and Properties of Polymer Composites Based on Statistical Ethylene-Propylene Copolymer and Mineral Fillers
N. T. Kahramanov et al.
5. Preparation of Copper-Containing Nanoparticles in Polyethylene Matrix without Use of Solvents
N. I. Kurbanova et al.
6. Electrodeposition and Properties of Copper Coatings Modified by Carbon Nanomaterial Obtained from Secondary Raw Materials
T. Marsagishvili et al.
7. Impregnation of Iron and Magnetite Phases in Wood and Partial Pyrolized Wood
K. Sarajishvili et al.
8. Effect of Material Manufacturer Factor on the Deformation States of Bistable Composite Plates
M. Ghamami, H. Nahvi, and S. Saberi
9. One Stage Production of Superconductive MgB2 and Hybrid Transmission Lines by the Hot Explosive Consolidation Technology
A. Peikrishvili et al.
Part 2: Polymer Synthesis And Application
10. Novel Aliphatic Polyester-Based Macromonomers
E. Çatıker et al.
11. Photochemical Conversion of Polycyclopropanes
K. G. Guliyev et al.
12. Photosensitive Copolymers on the Basis of Gem-Disubstituted Vinyloxycyclopropanes
Rita Shahnazarli, Shabnam Garayeva, and Abasgulu Guliyev
13. Reaction Hydrosilylation of Allyl-2, 3, 5, 6-Di-O-Izopropylidene-D-Mannofuranose with Methyl- and Phenylcyclodisilazanes
Neli Sidamonidze, Rusudan Vardiashvili, and Maia Nutsubidze
14. Peculiarities of Polymerization of Vinyl Acetate and Styrene in Static Hetrogeneous Monomer: Water System in the Absence of Emulsifier
A. A. Hovhannisyan et al.
15. Sol-Gel Processing of Precursor for Synthesis of Mercury-Based Superconductors
I. R. Metskhvarishvili et al.
16. Intergel Systems: Universal Sorbents for Different Nature Ions Sorption
T. K. Jumadilov and R. G. Kondaurov
17. Some Chromatographic Peculiarities of Polymer-Mineral Packing Materials with Octadecyl- and Butyl-Functional Groups
S. S. Hayrapetyan et al.
18. New Technical Access for Creation of Gradually Oriented Polymers
L. I. Nadareishvili et al.
Part 3: Materials And Properties
19. Self-Organization and Sorption Properties in Relation to Lanthanum Ions of Polyacrylic Acid and Poly-2-Methyl-5-Vinylpyridine Hydrogels in Intergel System
T. K. Jumadilov and R. G. Kondaurov
20. The Determination of Average Stability Constant of Zinc-Fulvate Complex by the Gelfiltration Method
21. Zeolites as Micro-Pore System and Their Usage Prospects
N. Kiknadze and N. Megrelidze
22. Water-Proofing Materials, Luminophore, and Other Deficient Products
G. Khitiri, I. Chikvaidze, and R. Kokilashvili
23. Hydrogen Embrittlement of Duplex Stainless Steels
R. Silverstein and D. Eliezer
Part 4: Constitutional Systems For Medicine
24. The Influence of Peg on Morphology of Polyurethane Tissue Scaffold
J. Kucinska-Lipka et al.
25. Fractal Dimensions Analysis and Morphological Investigation of Nano-Medicine by Machine-Learning Methods
M. Ghamami and S. Ghammamy
26. Effect of Fullerene on Physicochemical Properties and Biological Activity of the Poly (Methyl Methacrylate)/Fullerene Composite Films
O. Alekseeva and A. Noskov
27. Development of In Vitro Prostate Cancer Biomarkers on the Basis of Gelatin Matrix Incorporated Gold Nanoparticles Functionalized with Fluorescence Dye and Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen
K. Chubinidze et al.
28. Antibacterial Activity of Hyperbranched Poly (Acrylic Acid-Co-3-Hydroxypropionate) Hydrogels
E. Çatıker, T. Filik, and E. Çil
29. The Isolation of Glycosaminoglycans from Fish Eyeballs and Their Potential Application
B. Kaczmarek, and A. Sionkowska
30. Biopolymer Films Based on the Blends of Silk Fibroin and Collagen for Applications in Hair Care Cosmetics
S. Grabska and A. Sionkowska
Omari Vasilii Mukbaniani, DSc, is Professor and Chair of the Macromolecular Chemistry Department of Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi, Georgia. He is also the Director of the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry at Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University and a member of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Georgia. His research interests include polymer chemistry, polymeric materials, and chemistry of organosilicon compounds, as well as methods of precision synthesis to build blocks and the development of graft and comb-type structures.
Tamara Tatrishvili, PhD, is Senior Specialist at the Unite of Academic Process Management (Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences) at Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University as well as Senior Researcher at the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry and Polymeric Materials in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Marc J. M. Abadie, DSc, is Professor Emeritus at the University of Montpellier, Institute Charles Gerhardt of Montpelier, Aggregates, Interfaces and Materials Energy (ICGM-AIME, UMR CNRS 5253), France. He was head of the Laboratory of Polymer Science and Advanced Organic Materials – LEMP/MAO. He is currently Michael Fam Visiting Professor at the School of Materials Sciences and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University NTU, Singapore.