The book presents a compilation of research on meso/microforming processes, and offers systematic and holistic knowledge for the physical realization of developed processes. It discusses practical applications in fabrication of meso/microscale metallic sheet-metal parts via sheet-metal meso/microforming. In addition, the book provides extensive and informative illustrations, tables, case studies, photos and figures to convey knowledge of sheet-metal meso/microforming for fabrication of meso/microscale sheet-metal products in an illustrated manner.
• Presents complete analysis and discussion of micro sheet metal forming processes
• Guides reader across the mechanics, failures, prediction of failures and tooling and prospective applications
• Discusses definitions of multi-scaled metal forming, sheet-metal meso/microforming and the challenges in such domains
• Includes meso/micro-scaled sheet-metal parts design from a micro-manufacturability perspective, process determination, tooling design, product quality analysis, insurance and control
• Covers industrial application and examples
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Size Effects in Meso- and Microscaled Forming 3. Friction in Meso- and Microforming of Materials 4. Instability and Formability of Materials in Meso- and Microforming 5. Meso- and Microforming of Sheet Metals for Making Sheet Metal Parts and Components 6. Meso- and Microscaled Sheet-Metal Parts Made by Meso- and Microstamping Processes 7. Meso- and Microscaled Bulk Components Produced by Progressive and Compound Forming of Sheet Metals