This book shows you how to improve student achievement by providing them with frequent feedback on their work.
It provides a step-by-step process to help you
-Write good questions that asses student learning
-Design your own formative assessments
-Administer short-cycle assessments
-Analyze and use data to shape instruction
-Prepare your students for high-stakes tests
Includes activities and forms to walk you through the process step by step.
Table of Contents
Introduction: What is a Short-Cycle Assessment?
Part I An Introduction to Short-Cycle Assessments
1. The Long and the Short of Short-Cycle Assessments
2. The SCORE Process
3. Understanding the Content Standards
4. Understanding the State Assessments
5. Creating a Pacing Guide
6. Question Writing: Constructing Questions that Address the Standard
7. Designing Your Assessment
8. Standardization of Administration
9. Looking at the Data
10. Making Adjustments in the Classroom