168 pages | 20 Color Illus.
This text explores the links between sleep and hormones in women and the implications this has for the reproductive life-cycle. The various stages of menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause are correlated with the sleep disorders likely to be associated and their possible treatments. All professional clinician readers will better understand the problems their patients may develop in relation to this much neglected but highly important aspect of health.
1. Why do I write about sleep disturbances in women?
2. What actually is sleep?
3. Women and sleep
4. Types of sleep disturbances in women
5. Sleep disorders during the menstrual cycle
6. Sleep disturbances during pregnancy
7. Postpartum sleep disorders
8. Sleep disturbances and menopause
9. Sleep disturbances related to physical diseases
10. Sleep disturbances and mental disorders
11. Treatment of sleep disturbances
12. On women and dreams
13. A few closing words