Smart distribution networks are one of the key research topics of countries looking to modernise electric power networks. Smart Electricity Distributions Networks aims to provide a basic discussion of the smart distribution concept and new technologies related to it, including distributed energy resources (DERs), demand side integration, microgrids, CELL and virtual power plants.
With writing from leading contributors in the field of smart distribution networks, this volume discusses different concepts within the field as well as the best methods to analyse smart distribution systems to provide a cohesive overview of issues relating to Smart Grid and related technologies.
This book will be valuable to those with an interest in understanding the technologies and performance of smart distribution networks as well as engaging with the wider debate over the future Smart Grid.
Table of Contents
About the Contributors
- Fundamentals of Distributed Energy Resources
- Management of Distributed Energy Resources
- ICT Infrastructure and Cyber Security
- Power Electronics in Distribution Systems
- Operation Simulation and Analysis
- Transient Analysis
- Control and Protection of Microgrids
- Energy Management and Optimal Planning of Microgrids
- Planning of Smart Distribution Systems
- DC Distribution Networks