Smart Grid: Networking, Data Management, and Business Models delivers a comprehensive overview of smart grid communications, discussing the latest advances in the technology, the related cyber security issues, and the best ways to manage user demand and pricing.
Comprised of 16 chapters authored by world-renowned experts, this book:
- Considers the use of cognitive radio and software-defined networking in the smart grid
- Explores the space of attacks in the energy management process, the need for a smart grid simulator, and the management issues that arise around smart cities
- Describes a real-time pricing scheme that aims to reduce the peak-to-average load ratio
- Explains how to realize low-carbon economies and the green smart grid through the pervasive management of demand
- Presents cutting-edge research on microgrids, electric vehicles, and energy trading in the smart grid
Thus, Smart Grid: Networking, Data Management, and Business Models provides a valuable reference for utility operators, telecom operators, communications engineers, power engineers, electric vehicle original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), electric vehicle service providers, university professors, researchers, and students.
Smart Grid Communications. Smart Grid Security and Management. Demand Response Management and Business Models. Microgrids, Electric Vehicles, and Energy Trading.
"… an authoritative volume … readily accessible to novice readers. At the same time, the volume provides detailed, in-depth accounts of a comprehensive set of advanced topic areas that are highly informative and have high reference value for expert readers."
—Martin Reisslein, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
"This is a well-planned book … that elicits the state of the art of the smart grid."
—Nirwan Ansari, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, USA