Integrating Transformational Technologies for Competitiveness and Sustainability
- Available for pre-order on April 5, 2023. Item will ship after April 26, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
The manufacturing industries remain the foundation of local, regional, and global economies. Manufacturing plants operate in dynamic markets that demand upgrading with transformational technologies for maintaining profitability, competitiveness, and business sustainability. Yet most manufacturing plants currently use technologies that are no longer competitive and industry leaders face an overwhelming array of operational challenges that require agile and enhanced transformational solutions.
This book offers manufacturers effective strategies and tools for the adoption and implementation of advanced operational technologies to ensure long-term innovation, efficiency, and profitability.
- The book covers advanced automation integration in manufacturing, including digitization, AI, machine learning, IIoT, and cybersecurity.
- It describes innovation, development, and integration of control technologies for sustainable manufacturing.
- It explains how to upgrade existing manufacturing plants for the global market.
- It shows how to apply emerging technologies including asset optimization and process integration for product lifecycle improvements, plant operation and maintenance enhancement, and supply chain integration.
This book serves as a strategic guide to applying advanced operational technologies for engineers, industry professionals, and management in the manufacturing sector.
Table of Contents
1. Smart Manufacturing. 2. Operational Technologies. 3. Transformational Technologies: Adoption and Integration in Operating Plants. 4. Roadmaps for Adoption and Integration of Transformational Technologies in Key Manufacturing Plants. Appendix I. Glossary. Appendix II. Industry Organizations and Standards Bodies. Appendix III. Relevant Standards. Appendix IV. Research, Advisory and Certification Services. Appendix V. Commercial Tools & Services.
Dr. Hebab A. Quazi has been the Chief Operating Officer of MARTECH International Inc for over 40 years. He is providing leadership to the US Federal, State, and City government programs and to manufacturing industries within USA and internationally. He led the programs funded by the World Bank, the United Nations, the Asian Development Bank, and by the US Departments of Defense and the US Department of Homeland Security. Dr. Quazi was also the Vice President of Operations for the South & East Asia and North & South America of a European technology company. Dr. Quazi earned a PhD degree from England as a Commonwealth Scholar. He also completed a 3-year graduate Business education at the University of California, He is a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of California. Dr. Quazi is very active with professional organizations such as AIChE, ASME and ISA. Currently, he is the Chairman of the ASME Energy Storage Committee and the Vice-Chairman of the ISA Digital Twin and Simulation Committee. He has written several books and technical papers.
Dr. Scott M. Shemwell, Managing Director of The Rapid Response Institute, is an authority and thought leader in field operations and risk management, with over 30 years in the energy sector leading turnaround and transformation processes for global S&P 500 organizations as well as start-up and professional service firms. He has been directly involved in over $5 billion in acquisitions and divestitures as well as the management of significant global projects and business units. He is a leader in the use of data and information enabling Operational Excellence for over 20 years. Dr. Shemwell holds a Bachelor of Science in Physics from North Georgia College, a Master of Business Administration from Houston Baptist University, and a Doctor of Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University.