This four-volume collection combines the historical with the conceptual, providing a guide to the main themes that have structured socialist thought and practice over the last 200 years. The set also examines contemporary socialism. A detailed index and new introduction makes this set an invaluable reference tool for students and researchers of politics.
* Origins and Precursors
* Utopian Socialism
* The Marxism of Karl Marx
* Engles versus Marx
* Non-Marxist Socialism in the C19th
* Reform or Revolution
* Marxist-Leninism and the Russian Revolution
* Socialism and Internationalism
* Stalinism and the Soviet Model of Socialism
* The Socialism of Dissidence (e.g. former Soviet Bloc)
* Socialism in the New World (especially in the USA)
* Socialism and War
* Socialism and Property
* Socialism and the State
* Socialism and Philosophy
* Socialism and Science
* Socialism and Democracy
* Socialism and Culture (art, literature etc.)
* Socialism and Gender
* Socialism and Ecology
* Socialism and Postmodernism
* Market Socialism
* The Third Way
* The End of Socialism?
Critical Concepts in Political Science is a well-established series in Routledge’s Major Works publishing programme.
The series spans a broad range of titles with a number of collections covering key areas of this popular subject. Each of the Major Works collection within the series are edited by a leading scholar (or scholars). One of our most popular series, the next year is set to see a growing number of titles added, including Islamic Political and Social Movements.