Society and Exploitation Through Nature offers an integrated approach to the environment, linking the philosophical, social and physical sciences to environmental problems and issues.
The text covers three main themes; exploitation of nature and society; the limits of exploitation through sustainability and managing environmental problems. These themes are illustrated throughout the book with global case studies.
1. Themes in Society and Nature
2. Stories of Exploitation
3. Limits to Exploitation
4. Problems of the Contemporary Global Environment
5. Managing Problems in the Environment
6. Environmental Problems in a Social Context
7. Environmental Attitudes and Aesthetics