Solving Complex Problems for Structures and Bridges using ABAQUS Finite Element Package
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 25, 2021
This book presents challenges encountered for application of the Finite Element Method (FEM) in solving the problems regarding structural dynamics by using ABAQUS software through various scenarios.
All processes for modeling and analysis of impenetrable problems are explained with step-by-step illustrations with accompanying screenshots. It covers applications such as bridges, offshores, dam, seismic resistant systems, ultra-high-performance fiber concrete, and extraction of modal and buckling modes to estimate structures tolerance limits.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction about Finite Element Method
2. Abaqus Scripting for Mesh Convergence
3. Analysis of Steel Rectangular Plate with Circular Hole
4. Evaluate the Capacity of the Steel Beam-Column Connection through Pushover Analysis
5. Strengthening of the R.C Beam using CFRP Rods and Concrete Jacketing
6. Explosive Loading on A Sandwich Plate
7. The Impact Load on a Reinforced Concrete Beam
8. Eulerian Buckling of Column Under Axial Load
9. Post Buckling analysis Of Steel plate shear wall
Farzad Hejazi is Associate Professor at Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University Putra Malaysia (UPM), and a Senior Visiting Academic in University of Sheffield. He is an innovation champion in UPM since 2013, and a member of the management committee for the Housing Research Center in Faculty of Engineering (UPM). He was appointed as Innovation Coordinator for Faculty of Engineering in 2014 by Deputy Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, and was also appointed Research Coordinator for Department of Civil Engineering in 2017. He received his PhD in Structural Engineering from University Putra Malaysia in 2011 and worked as postdoctoral fellow until 2012 and thereafter employed as a member of department of Civil Engineering, UPM.
Hojjat Mohammadi Esfahani received his Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering in 2007 and his Master of Science in the same field of Mechanical Engineering in 2017. His main expertise is Finite Element Simulation, and he has more than 10 years’ experience in teaching and training of Finite Element Packages such as ABAQUS. Currently he is involved with many research and industry projects regarding simulation of complex and infrastructures by using ABAQUS Finite Element Software.