How does an assistant principal complete the large number of managerial duties and, at the same time, serve as a credible instructional leader? This book provides practical recommendations for successfully filling the dual role as manager and instructional leader, building effective relationships, using power appropriately, and productively collaborating with the principal and staff.
1. The Assistant Principalship’s Puzzle
2. The Changing Dynamic of Schools
3. The Next Generation of Leaders
4. The Dual Role of the Assistant Principal
5. When and How to Use Power: Do I Have Any?
6. Relationship Building: Cannot Get Far Without It
7. Collaboration with the Staff and the Principal: Preparing for the Next Level
8. Building a Better and Stronger School