Special Event Production: The Process
This must-have guide to special event production looks deep behind the scenes of an event and dissects what it is that creates success. It analyses the process - the planning and business aspects - to provide a unique guide to producing a variety of events from weddings to festivals. It explains thoroughly budgeting and resource concerns, planning and cost projections and the role of the well-crafted proposal.
This new edition has been significantly updated to include:
- Three new chapters: Event Design, Information Technology and Sustainability and Event Production.
- Updated and new case studies from USA, Canada , India, Russia and Malaysia.
- New Industry Voice feature, including an interview with industry experts from around the world commenting on their experiences of event planning and production.
- New content on: technology, volunteers, venues and PR and marketing.
- Enhanced online resources including: PowerPoint lecture slides, checklists, glossaries, additional questions and challenges, web links, sample contract templates, production schedule templates, and evaluation forms.
Incorporating pedagogical features, this easy-to-read book is packed with photographs, diagrams, flow charts, checklists, sample forms, and real-life examples. It steps through the whole process from the creativity and proposal at the outset, to budgeting, the contract and risk management with event follow up to conclude. A must have resource for event planners, managers, caterers and students.
This text is part two of a two book set - also available is Special Events Production: The Resources (978-1-138-78567-0). This book offers an in - depth guide to the technical aspects of a big event such as lighting and audio systems, visual presentation technology, special effects and temporary outdoor venues.
Preface Acknowledgements 1. An Introduction to Special Events and Special Event Production 2. Event Design 3. Creativity 4. Budgeting 5. Proposals 6. Contract Management 7. The Production Team 8. Risk Management 9. Production Management 10. Event Follow-up 11. Information Technology 12. Sustainability and Event Production Event Production Toolkit
"This is a great text book for an event or venue management course. It incorporates the reality of event planning and teaches the basics students need to know for a foundation to work in the field." - Denise DiRienzo, Communication Studies Professor, State University of New York at Oswego
"The new edition is a comprehensive and practical handbook on event production and reflects key trends within the industry, such as experiential events, audience engagement and technology integration. Internationally recognized professionals in the industry provide plenty of real life experiences. The book is written in such an interesting style that even highly ‘technical’ sections of the book are brought to life and absorb the readers’ interest. A must read for all event production professionals and students."- Cathy Xin Jin , Lecturer. Department of Tourism, Sports and Hotel Management, Griffith Business School