A range of factors are all combining to propel input cost inflation. Higher international logistics costs, returning demand from industry workload, and higher global metals prices are some of the ingredients to quicker building cost inflation. Whilst some EU materials exporters to the UK are adjusting to Brexit, other EU exporters — initially smaller or specialist firms hit proportionally harder — are now deciding not to supply the UK at all, because the additional red tape involved makes it not commercially viable. If this trend replicates across the whole EU to UK supply chain, visible disruption and higher prices are likely until other sources of supply begin to increase in volume and step in to address these supply issues. Among other exporters continuing to supply the UK, significant price increases are being applied to cover the permanent Brexit non-tariff barriers and additional administrative processes.
SPON’S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK 2022, compiled by AECOM, still provides the most accurate, detailed and professionally relevant construction price information for the UK. Its unique Tender Index, updated through the year (2015 = 100), gives an ongoing reality check and allows you to adjust for changing market conditions. Although it suits a wide range of project sizes, this is the only price book which sets out a detailed cost base for contracts exceeding £4,000,000 in value. Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2022 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform, available for access and use until the end of December 2022.
As well as an overhaul of prices, 145 new items have been added including:
Two new Cost Models for
- school refurbishment
- Primary Healthcare Fit-Out
- expanded range of cast iron rainwater goods
- expanded range of matwells
- expanded range of vinyl floor finishes
- Ecotherm insulation
Along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON’S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK:
- 20,000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constants and detailed build-ups
- Hundreds of alternative materials prices for the more unusual items
- Detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses
- Updates, free of charge, twice a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Table of Contents
1. General 2. Rates of Wages 3. Approximate Estimating 4. Prices for Measured Works 5. Fees for Professional Services 6. Daywork and Prime Cost 7. Useful Addresses for Further information 8. Tables and Memoranda
AECOM is one of the world’s largest infrastructure design firms.