Tender prices performed strongly again in 2016, with a provisional rate increase of 10.3% versus a year earlier.
SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK 2017 from AECOM gives costs for both general and civil engineering works and highway works. It provides a full breakdown of labour, plant and material elements, with labour rates updated. It is an essential component of infrastructure estimating maturity, benchmarking and cost intelligence, and gives sound guidance for estimators, contractors and clients.
This 31st edition incorporates a comprehensive review throughout:
- Plant and materials have increased, though not as significantly as labour rates.
- Some item descriptions have been revised to reflect prices in the global market.
And in detail:
- A revised structure for manhole construction to show detailed build-up.
- New prices for pre-cast manholes with monolithic precast concrete bases.
- Updated rail supply and installation rates and a few more added items.
- Revised piling rates and descriptions.
- Highway pipe rates adjusted to reflect current market specifications and materials.
- Revised steel works prices to reflect deflation in this sector.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with internet access to this edition until the end of December 2017. We now provide a VitalSource® ebook, giving a versatile and powerful online data viewing package.
In a time when it is essential to gain 'competitive advantage' in a congested market, this price book provides instant-access cost information and forms a one-stop reference.
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK:
- for budgeting: estimating principles, on-cost advice, method-related charges
- for resource costings: labour costs, plant costs, material prices
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates, dayworks, cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: production rates, outputs, man hour constants
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown, or specialist prices, with advice on item coverage, waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae, technical information, professional advice
- updated, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk