Recent years have seen a rapid growth in the field of sports studies. This collection provides an invaluable resource for this burgeoning field, offering a selection of classic works and more recent, groundbreaking journal articles on the sociology of sport.
Key features of this collection are:
* Comprehensive and critical coverage of the field
* Historical and comparative approaches detail how modern sport has developed
* Articles which illustrate the international diversity of the study of the social aspects of sport and sport per se
* Cross-disciplinary articles
The four volumes cover:
* Approaches to the Study of Sport
* The Development and Structure of Modern Sport
* Sport and Power Relations
* Major Issues in Contemporary Sport
With an international range of themes, contextual introductions to each volume and a comprehensive index, this will become an indispensible research tool for students and researchers.
Volume 1: Approaches to the Study of Sport
Volume 2: The Development and Structure of Sport
Volume 3: Sport and Power Relations
Volume 4: Issues in the Sociology of Sport