Now in a fully revised and updated third edition, Sport Facility Operations Management goes beyond the basic theories of sport facility management to include relevant practical professional experiences connecting facilities, people, and technology.
This is a comprehensive and engaging textbook introducing cutting-edge concepts and best practice in sport facility operations management. Each chapter contains real-world case studies and discussion questions, innovative 'Technology Now' and new â€˜Facility Focusâ€™ features, and â€˜In the Fieldâ€™ segments about what is going on in the industry. This new edition also provides new content in the areas of project management, social and digital media, revenue generation and diversification, performance analytics, and impacts and legacies.
This is a vital resource for sport management educators and students, especially those studying facility management. It is also an interesting read for industry professionals working in sport facility management, from grassroots and community complexes to global mega stadiums and arenas.
Dedicated online materials include PowerPoint presentations for each chapter; multiple-choice and essay questions; online appendices with diagrams, schematics, manuals, and forms; a glossary; and a sample master syllabus.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Sport Facility Operations Management
Section I: Pre-Management and Pre-Operational Issues in Sport Facilities
2. Ownership Structures
3. Financing Sport Facilities
4. Capital Investment Appraisal
5. Project Management: Planning, Design, and Construction
Section II: Application of Management and Operations Principles for Sport Facilities
6. Organizational Leadership and Human Resource Management
7. Financial Management, Operational Decision Making, and Budgeting
8. Operations Management
Section III: Implementing Sport Facility Operations Management
9. Multichannel Marketing and Communications
10. Revenue Generation and Diversification
11. Customer Experiences: From Event Planning to Activation
12. Legal Issues and Risk Assessment
13. Security Planning for Facility Management
Section IV: Effectiveness of Management and Operations
14. Performance Analytics for Sport Facilities
15. Impacts and Legacies through Sustainability
Eric C. Schwarz is Chair of the Postgraduate Courses in Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia.
Stacey A. Hall is Senior Associate Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development and Professor of Sport Management at The University of Southern Mississippi, United States.
Simon Shibli is Professor of Sport Management and Director of the Sport Industry Research Centre at Sheffield Hallam University, UK.