Sport is a growing industry with enormous numbers of people now involved in the management and administration of sports, fitness and exercise. Whether voluntary, public or commercial sectors, all can benefit by improving the practice and delivery of the management of sport and its organisations. This text is designed to help all those delivering sport to deliver it better and includes:
· What's different and special about sports management?
· The voluntary sector
· Event management and marketing
· Marketing, fundraising and sponsorship
· Managing staff and volunteers
· Organisational management principles
· Legal issues including health and safety
· Case studies - both local and national.
Full of practical examples this book reveals sports management in action, showing how good management helps us to deliver better sports participation, at all levels.
This book is a must for undergraduates as well as an invaluable tool for professionals in sport management and administration in the private public and voluntary sectors.
Introduction 1. Sport - What it's All About 2. The Sporting Context 3. The Voluntary Sector 4. Sports Development 5. Leadership 6. Working Together 7. People 8. Organizational Management 9. Management in Practice 10. Management Challenges 11. Marketing 12. Event Management 13. Education and Training 14. Personal Skills 15. Into the Future