Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications
This book provides a disciplined, systematic look at what is necessary to the planning and implementation of an effective Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) programme.
Throughout, attention is paid to balancing theory with practical application, how to successfully implement theory for effective communication. Step-by-step, knowledge and understanding builds through the book, starting by laying a foundation to provide context, looking at the role of IMC in building brands and strengthening companies. The book then considers what goes into developing and executing effective messages, and how to ensure that they are consistent and consistently delivered, regardless of media. A detailed, practical overview of the strategic planning process is provided, illustrated by numerous examples and cases, along with ‘desktop’ tools and worksheets for developing and implementing an IMC plan.
The 4th edition of this classic textbook has been fully updated throughout, and includes:
- Updated and expanded coverage of digital media, including issues relating to privacy and media strategy
- New sections on setting campaign budgets, brand architecture, target audience action objectives, social marketing communication, and such practices as gamification and experiential marketing
- Extended content on international advertising and shared cultural values
- The introduction of a channels-based typology of marketing communication
- Updated international examples and case studies throughout.
A comprehensive and accessible guide to the steps of planning and developing an effective IMC campaign, this book should be core reading for students studying Integrated Marketing Communications, Strategic Communications, Principles of Advertising, Media Planning and Brand Management.
Part 1: Introduction to IMC
1. Overview of IMC
2. Brands and IMC
3. Companies and IMC
Part 2: Components of IMC
7. Additional delivery options
Part 3: IMC messages
8. Message processing
9. Message development
10. Creative execution
Part 4: The IMC plan
11. Planning considerations
12. The IMC planning process
13. Finalizing and implementing the IMC plan