Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe
- This format is currently out of stock.
Learn to effectively do business with countries in transition!Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe examines the problems and opportunities for strategic management within the context of the transition economies of the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, and the former East Germany. The book focuses on the strategic perspective of American companies and international firms considering Central European markets, but the analysis has applications for firms originating in that area as well.This informative book explores several business topics that are directly related to transition economies, looking closely at issues relating to macroeconomics and the cultural environment of international business. Written for international business professionals, Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe examines finance, strategies, human resources, entrepreneurship, marketing, and how business ethics differ between nations. The research in Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe provides an understanding of a specific historical phenomenon--the experiment of moving from centralized command economies to democratic capitalist economies in Central Europe. You will also come to understand the legacy of communism in economic, cultural, and political terms. In Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe you will find discussions of these issues and more:
- small business in post-communist Hungary
- questionable business practices in Russia
- internationalization of hypermarket retailing in Poland
- impacts of the Central and Eastern European cultural environment on privatization and entry strategies
- Eastern European banking systemsStrategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe will help you to better understand countries with transition economies, conduct better business with them, and assist these countries in establishing profitable businesses.
Table of Contents
- Strategic Management in Central and Eastern Europe: Introduction
- Small Business Ventures in Post-Communist Hungary (
- Questionable Business Practices in Russia: Ethical Guidelines from Integrative Social Contracts Theory
- Internationalization of Hypermarket Retailing in Poland: West European Investment and Its Implications
- Eastern and Central Europe: The Impact of the Cultural Environment on Privatization and Entry Strategies
- Banking Systems in Eastern Europe
- Reference Notes Included