There is growing evidence that the traditional role of the sales organization in business-to-business marketing is quickly evolving from a tactical, operational function to a strategic capability concerned with the management of critical processes that support business strategy and deliver value to profitable customers. This topic is of major relevance to scholars in both the sales and marketing domains, and this relevance is underlined by the intense interest of managers and companies in how this field is changing. This collection is a unique gathering of views on the critical issues to be confronted in the strategizing of the sales function, from distinguished scholars from throughout the world. Their focus is on the linkages between strategic marketing and the corollary of strategic sales. This book was published as a special issue of Journal of Strategic Marketing.
Table of Contents
1. Strategic sales and strategic marketing - Nikala Lane
2. Searching for strategy in sales - Nikala Lane
3. Strategic alignment for sales organization transformation - Raymond W. LaForge, Thomas N. Ingram and David W. Cravens
4. Developing a strategic framework of key account performance - Eli Jones, Keith A. Richards, Diane Halstead and Frank Q. Fu
5. The implications of lean operations for sales strategy: from sales-force to marketing-force - Niall Piercy and Nick Rich
6. An enterprise-wide strategic stakeholder approach to sales ethics - Linda Ferrell and O.C. Ferrell
7. Strategic sales organizations: transformation challenges and facilitators within the sales – marketing interface - Avinash Malshe
8. Collaboration between sales and marketing, market orientation and business performance in business-to-business organisations - Kenneth Le Meunier-FitzHugh and Nikala Lane
9. Strategizing the sales organization - Nikala Lane and Nigel Piercy
Dr Nikala Lane is Associate Professor in Marketing and Strategy at Warwick Business School, the University of Warwick, UK. She was previously at Cardiff University as Senior Research Associate. She has published widely on management, marketing and sales topics and is co-author of Strategic Customer Management (Oxford University Press, 2009).