During last two decades, stress echocardiography has progressed from a promising idea to a crucial diagnostic and prognostic tool in various cardiac conditions, particularly in ischemic heart diseases. Written by world recognized experts in the field, Stress Echocardiography: Essential Guide is an all-inclusive source of key information related to the principles and practice of stress echocardiography. Both the stress echocardiography trainee and those in practice seek to benefit from this text and downloadable resources set.
Important features include:
- user-friendly downloadable resources
- over 500 color and black-and-white illustrations and tables to assist the reader in correctly identifying various disease states
- detailed list of 50 landmark papers with commentary
- presentation of difficult case studies from everyday practice
- exploration of the practical aspects of imaging during stress and the science of reading of stress echo studies
- detailed explanations of the quantification of echocardiographic response and stress echo interpretation
- descriptions of the use of different stress echocardiographic modalities in specific clinical situations, as well as the advantages, drawbacks, pitfalls, and implications of results on patient management
Table of Contents
Basic Principles of Stress Echocardiography: why, when and how? Stress and Stressors: applied pathophysiology. Facilities, Environment, Staff, Accreditation. Stress Echocardiography exam: imaging, reading, quantification. Stress Echocardiography Protocols. Detection of Myocardial Ischemia. Detection of Myocardial Viability. Contrast in stress echocardiography. Stress Echocardiography in Valvular Heart Disease. Stress Echocardiography in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Risk Stratification in Non-cardiac Surgery. Stress Echocardiography vs Radionuclide Imaging. Training Process and Requirements. Landmark Articles with Short Comments.
Aleksandar N. Neskovic, Frank A. Flachskampf