Demand from building control officials for structural calculations - even for very simple projects - means that today's architects must have a thorough understanding of everyday structural concepts.
Structures for Architects satisfies the need for a basic introduction to the structural problems encountered by the architect, surveyor and builder. This third edition reflects advances in recent techniques and refers to current Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
Students of architecture, building and surveying at degree, diploma or professional (RIBA, RICS, CIOB) examination level will find this book a valuable course text. Professionals in these fields who must perform structural calculations to satisfy building control authorities will also find it a useful handbook.
1. Introduction To Building Structures.
2. Basic Structural Concepts.
3. Structural Theory Related To Simple Beams.
4. Basic Structural Theory Related To Trusses.
5. Basic Structural Theory Related To Simple Columns.
6. Structural Timber Design.
7. Structural Steel Design.
8. Brick And Block Wall Design.
9. Reinforced Concrete Beam Design.