Success and Creativity in Scientific Research Amaze Your Friends and Surprise Yourself
Long-term success in scientific research requires skills that go well beyond technical prowess. Success and Creativity in Scientific Research: Amaze Your Friends and Surprise Yourself is based on a popular series of lectures the author has given to PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, and faculty at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Both entertaining and thought-provoking, this essential work supports advanced students and early career professionals across a variety of technical disciplines to thrive as successful and innovative researchers.
- Discusses habits needed to find deep satisfaction in research, systematic and proven methods for generating good ideas, strategies for effective technical writing, and making compelling presentations
- Uses a conversational tone, making extensive use of anecdotes from scientific luminaries to engage readers
- Provides actionable methods to help readers achieve long-term career success
- Offers memorable examples to illustrate general principles
- Features topics relevant to researchers in all disciplines of science and engineering
This book is aimed at students and early career professionals who want to achieve the satisfaction of performing creative and impactful research in any area of science or engineering.