Sustainable procurement is the pursuit of sustainable development objectives through the purchasing and supply process, while balancing environmental, social, and economic objectives. This book will help readers develop new contemporary knowledge about frameworks, innovative tools and techniques to achieve sustainability in public as well as private procurement practices. The book will enable scholars and practitioners working in the domain of sustainable procurement to improve the overall performance of the supply chain and further achieve UN SDGs, by making various decisions at the planning and strategic phase of the business.
- Discusses theoretical, decision making and related business management models
- Assists to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Provides qualitative/quantitative frameworks
- Covers quality innovations sustainability in sourcing
- Examines measurement drivers, indicators and metrics
Table of Contents
1. Sustainability in Humanitarian Procurement and Operations. 2. Internet of Things Enabled Smart Procurement. 3. Evaluate Supplier Performance for Sustainable Procurement. 4. Innovations Led Approach in Sustainable Procurement.
About the Series
The main aim of this new focus book series is to publish the original articles that bring up the latest development and research in mathematics, engineering, and its applications. The books in this new series will be in short form, ranging between 20,000 to 50,000 words or 100 to 125 printed pages. This new focus book series will include a comprehensive range of mathematics and engineering areas. It will include, but not limited to, the mathematical sciences, engineering sciences, engineering and technology, physical sciences, numerical and computational sciences, space sciences, and meteorological sciences, The books within the series line will provide professionals, researchers, educators, and advanced students in the field, with an invaluable insight and quick reference into the latest research and developments.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Purchasing & Buying
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Industrial Engineering
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Industrial Design / General
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Operations Research