Sustainability and Corporate Governance
A Guide to Law and Practice
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 29, 2020
Sustainability and Corporate Governance is the first extensive and targeted guide for directors and their legal advisors on creating a governance framework for corporations that integrates all the recognized principles of sustainability now being discussed in boardrooms all over the world. The book provides a step-by-step approach on integrating sustainability principles into the activities of the board of directors including detailed guidance on legal, regulatory, and business aspects of organizing and operating board committees and designing the sustainability management unit. Essential topics covered include:
• Elements of an effective framework for implementation of sustainability governance, including required policies, procedures, and committee charters
• Organization of the governing board to effectively address sustainability issues and implement sustainability strategies
• Best practices and processes to engage company stakeholders
Corporate board members and attorneys will appreciate the book’s practical forms and checklists, complete coverage of all facets of sustainability governance, summaries of relevant international and national guidelines and instruments, and a curated list of samples and case studies from companies all around the world.
Table of Contents
1. Corporate Governance and Sustainability 2. Sustainability Standards and instruments 3. Board Oversight of Sustainability Governance and Nominating 4. Committee 5. Audit Committee 6. Compensation and Organizational Development Committee 7. Corporate Social Responsibility Committee 8. Environmental, Health and Safety Committee 9. Compliance and Risk Management Committee 10. Disclosure and Reporting Committee 11. Internal Governance Instruments 12. Organizing for Sustainability 13. Social Enterprises
Alan S. Gutterman is the Founding Director of the Sustainable Entrepreneurship Project (www.seproject.org), a best-selling author of legal and business publications and a widely recognized business counselor.