Examine the world's leading aquaculture producers!
Sustainable Aquaculture: Global Perspectives is a one-of-a-kind primer on the world's leading sources of aquatic production, presenting expert commentary that includes the latest advancements, developments, and research findings. The book examines essential elements of aquaculture (water quality, nutrition, genetics, culture methods) and addresses problems such as over-fishing, coastal and wetland destruction, and habitat and environmental degradation.
Sustainable Aquaculture: Global Perspectives addresses policy measures that are essential for the long-term sustainability of the world's fisheriesand the long-term employment of those who rely on the aquaculture industry for their livelihood. As the world's population increases at an alarming rate, the question of how to ensure global food security is one of extreme importance. But the world's total yield is below expectations and the book examines the reasons why: the under-utilization of natural resources, the lack of adoption of modern scientific methods, the lack of standardized, proven pond fertilization protocols; long-term inbreeding and the loss of genetic variability due to genetic drift. Sustainable Aquaculture: Global Perspectives also addresses:
- freshwater pearl culture
- breeding programs
- pond fertilization regimes
- fish diseases in tropical climates
- indoor recirculating culture systems
- water quality management for shrimp farming
- and much more!
- Indian Aquaculture
- Bottom Soil and Water Quality Management in Shrimp Ponds
- Pond Fertilization Regimen: State-of-the-Art
- The Otelfingen Aquaculture Project: Recycling of Nutrients from Waste Water in a Temperate Climate
- Nutrition of Marine Fish Larvae
- Ecological and Ethological Perspectives in Larval Fish Feeding
- Breeding Programs for Sustainable Aquaculture
- Recent Advances in Hormonal Induction of Sex-Reversal in Fish
- Disease Problems Affecting Fish in Tropical Environments
- Grow-Out Production of Carps in India
- The Potential and Sustainability of Aquaculture in India
- Applied Nutrition in Freshwater Prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii, Culture
- Freshwater Pearl Culture Technology Development in India
- Reference Notes Included