Biofuel production from waste biomass is increasingly being focused on due to due to several advantages of lignocellulosic biomass, such as availability in abundance from several sources, cost-effectiveness, little competition with food sources, etc. This new volume, Sustainable Biofuel and Biomass: Advances and Impacts, provides an abundance of in-depth information on many types of biofuels from lignocellulosic biomass and also describes biomass sources and their availability for biofuel production.
This compiled book features 17 chapters that discuss the different aspects of biofuel production from lignocellulosic biomass. Chapters deal with different types lipase-mediated biofuel production, biohydrogen production from lignocellulosic biomass, triacylglycrol biosynthetic pathways in plants for biofuel applications, the industrial prospects of lignocellulosic bioethanol production, biofuel cell production, potential feedstocks availability for bioethanol production, biofuel production from algal biomass, and many other important topics.
Table of Contents
1. Biofuels Production from Lipase and Its Biotechnological Applications
Ritika Joshi and Arindam Kuila
2. Bio-Hydrogen Production from Dark Fermentation of Lignocellulosic Biomass
Zumar M. A. Bundhoo
3. Tailoring Triacylglycerol (TAG) Biosynthetic Pathway in Plants for Biofuel Production
Kshitija Sinha, Ranjeet Kaur, and Rupam Kumar Bhunia
4. Industrial Technologies for Bioethanol Production from Lignocellulosic Biomass
5. Production of Bio-Syngas for Biofuels and Chemicals
Shritoma Sengupta et al.
6. Biofuel Cell from Biomass
Rituparna Saha, Debalina Bhattacharya, Mainak Mukhopadhyay
7. Biofuel Production from Algal Biomass
Rituparna Saha, Debalina Bhattacharya, and Mainak Mukhopadhyay
8. Potential Feedstocks for 2nd Generation Ethanol Production in Brazil
Luiza Helena Da Silva Martins et al.
9. Perspective of Liquid and Gaseous Fuel Production from Aquatic Energy Crops
Gunasekaran Rajeswari, Samuel Jacob, and Rintu Banerjee
10. Metabolic Engineering for Liquid Biofuels Generations from Lignocellulosic Biomass
11. Weed-Biomass as Feedstock for Bio-Ethanol Production: A Review
Vinod Singh Gour, Ravneet Chug, and S. L Kothari
12. Implication of Anaerobic Digestion for Large-Scale Implementation
Samuel Jacob and Rintu Banerjee
13. Bioenergy Production: Biomass Sources and Applications
Vartika Verma et al.
14. Third Generation Biofuels: An Overview
João Moreira Neto et al.
15. Bioethanol Production from Different Lignocellulosic Biomass
Saurabh Singh and Jay Prakash Verma
16. Algal Biomass and Biodiesel Production
Samakshi Verma and Arindam Kuila
17. Bioenergy: Sources, Research and Advances
Sunanda Joshi et al.
Arindam Kuila, PhD, is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology at the university Banasthali Vidyapith in Rajasthan, India.