Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing Technologies
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after February 27, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Materials and manufacturing techniques are a few of the vital processes in production industries. Most of the materials processing and manufacturing techniques currently used in industries are a major cause of environmental pollution and are hence unsustainable. This book provides in-depth knowledge about challenges faced during the processing of advanced materials and discuss possible ways to achieve sustainability in manufacturing.
- Covers advances in cryogenic machining, optimization and economical and energy assessment of machining.
- Provides case studies and numerical design with analysis using computational fluid dynamics of minimum quantity lubrication mist droplets.
- Discusses reviews on metalworking fluids, laser micro-texturing, materials and manufacturing in sustainability, biofuels additives and nano-materials as well as additive manufacturing of waste plastic.
- Explores the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning based manufacturing techniques
- Covers the latest challenges and future trends in sustainable manufacturing.
Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing Technologies is primarily written for senior undergraduate and graduate students, and for researchers in the field of mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, production engineering and material science.
Table of Contents
1. Cryogenic Assisted Drilling of Ti-6Al-4V: An Industry Supported Study.
Darshit Shah, R. A. Rahman Rashid, Muhammad Jamil et al.
2. Energy and Economical Assessment of Machining Ti-6Al-4V in Cryo-MQL Environment.
Nagella Lahari, Navneet Khanna & Kishor Kumar Gajrani
3. Optimization of Sustainable Manufacturing Processes: A Case Study During Drilling of Laminated Nanocomposites.
Jogendra Kumar, Rajneesh Kumar Singh & Jinyang Xu
4. Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis of MQL Mist Droplets Characteristics with Various Geometrical Nozzle Orifice.
Karuturi Manohar Sai Krishna, Satyam Dwivedi, Rajendra Soni et al.
5. Advancement in Metalworking Fluids for Sustainable Manufacturing.
Pandi Jyothish, Upendra M & V.Vasu
6. Laser Micro-Texturing of Silicon for Reduced Reflectivity.
S. Purushothaman, M. S. Srinivas, R. R. Behera et al.
7. AI and ML-based Technique to Improve the Energy Efficiency in Legacy Machine Tool.
Anuj Kumar, V Vasu
8. Challenges in Achieving Sustainability During Manufacturing.
Arun Kumar Bambam & Kishor Kumar Gajrani
9. Sustainability in Manufacturing: Future Trends.
10. Role of Materials and Manufacturing Processes in Sustainability.
M. B. Kiran & V.J. Badheka
11. Use of Additives and Nanomaterials for Sustainable Production of Biofuels.
Anil Dhanola, Vijay Kumar, Arun Kumar Bambam et al.
12. Modification of SS316 Steel with the Assistance of High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF) Process to Upsurge its Sustainability.
Vikrant Singh, Anuj Bansal, Anil Kumar Singla et al.
13. Effect of HVOF Sprayed TiC+25%CuNi-Cr Coatings on Sustainability and Cavitation Erosion Resistance of SS316 Steel.
Rampal, Anuj Bansal, Anil Kumar Singla et al.
14. Acid and Alkali Treated Hierarchical Silicoaluminophosphate Molecular Sieves for Sustainable Industrial Applications.
Rohit Prajapati, Divya Jadav, Parikshit Paredi et al.
15. Reuse of Waste Carpet into a Sustainable Composite: A Case Study on Recycling Approach.
Jogendra Kumar, Balram Jaiswal, Kuldeep Kumar et al.
16. Additive Manufacturing of Waste Plastic: Current Status and Future Directions.
Pankaj Sawdatkar & Dilpreet Singh
Dr. Navneet Khanna is an Associate Dean (Career Development and Promotion of innovation and Industrial Research). He was also acted as a Department coordinator of Mechanical Engineering (July 2017 – November 2020) and Coordinator of Siemens Centre of Excellence at IITRAM Ahmedabad. He worked at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) from January 2007 to July 2014 and recently taught at Mechanical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar as an adjunct faculty. He is a specialist in building a strong pool of trained Engineering graduates and is involved in solving manufacturing-related problems of Indian industries and government organizations. He bagged the Early Career Research Award of SERB (Government of India). He has successfully led 70+ projects defined by the Indian industries and published 40+ research papers in peer-reviewed journals. In addition to this core competence, he has created several avenues of collaborative work with ISRO, DRDO, IPR, IITs and renowned institutions in the USA, Australia, UK, Spain, Slovenia, Russia, Brazil, Poland, etc. He has expertise in experimental, analytical & computational analysis of machining processes.
Dr. Kishor Kumar Gajrani is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIIT DM), Kancheepuram, Chennai, India. He has done an M. Tech and Ph.D. degree from the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. Thereafter, he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. He has published 32 international journals and book chapters of repute as well as attended numerous conferences. He is co-editor of two books titled “Advances in Sustainable Machining and Manufacturing Processes” and “Biodegradable Composites for Packaging Applications”. His research interests are broadly related to the advancement of sustainable manufacturing, additive manufacturing, advanced materials, micro-manufacturing, coatings, green lubricants, and biodegradable packaging.
Dr. Khaled Giasin is a lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Design Engineering (SMDE) in the faculty of Technology. He joined the school back in May-2019 with teaching and research duties. He is also one of the school outreach coordinators. His main research background is on machining aerospace materials using experimental and numerical techniques, machining coolants and characterization of composite and fiber metal laminate materials. Dr Khaled obtained his PhD degree from the university of Sheffield, MSc degree from the University of Liverpool and his BSc degree from Jordan university of Science and Technology. He is a chartered Engineer with IMechE and an associate fellow with Advanced Higher Education-U.K.
Before joining the University of Portsmouth, he worked at Cardiff University as a postdoctoral research associate project officer in ASTUTE2020 (A European-funded project). Working with leading academic experts in close collaboration with industry, developing impactful, state-of-the-art research-based solutions to the real-world problems facing advanced manufacturing businesses and their supply chains throughout West Wales and the Welsh Valleys. Some of the role activities included the provision of substantive, quantifiable, practical assistance to manufacturing enterprises through high-quality applied research and development projects in collaboration with industry partners which combines industrial and academic experience.
Prof. J. Paulo Davim is a Full Professor at the University of Aveiro, Portugal. He is also distinguished as an honorary professor in several universities/colleges/institutes in China, India and Spain. He received his Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1997, M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering (materials and manufacturing processes) in 1991, Mechanical Engineering degree (5 years) in 1986, from the University of Porto (FEUP), the Aggregate title (Full Habilitation) from the University of Coimbra in 2005 and the D.Sc. (Higher Doctorate) from London Metropolitan University in 2013. He is a Senior Chartered Engineer by the Portuguese Institution of Engineers with an MBA and Specialist titles in Engineering and Industrial Management as well as in Metrology. He is also Eur Ing by FEANI-Brussels and Fellow (FIET) of IET-London. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in Manufacturing, Materials, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, with special emphasis in Machining & Tribology. He has also an interest in Management, Engineering Education and Higher Education for Sustainability. He has guided large numbers of postdoc, Ph.D. and master’s students as well as has coordinated and participated in several financed research projects. He has received several scientific awards and honors. He has worked as an evaluator of projects for ERC-European Research Council and other international research agencies as well as examiner of Ph.D. thesis for many universities in different countries. He is the Editor in Chief of several international journals, Guest Editor of journals, book Editor, book Series Editor and Scientific Advisory for many international journals and conferences. Presently, he is an Editorial Board member of 30 international journals and acts as a reviewer for more than 100 prestigious Web of Science journals. In addition, he has also published as editor (and co-editor) more than 200 books and as the author (and co-author) more than 15 books, 100 book chapters and 500 articles in journals and conferences (more than 280 articles in journals indexed in Web of Science core collection/h-index 59+/11500+ citations, SCOPUS/h-index 64+/14000+ citations, Google Scholar/h-index 82+/24000+ citations). He has listed in World´s Top 2% Scientists by Stanford University study.