This book provides the latest research advances in the field of system reliability assurance and engineering. It contains reference material for applications of reliability in system engineering, offering a theoretical sound background with adequate numerical illustrations.
Included are concepts pertaining to reliability analysis, assurance techniques and methodologies, tools, and practical applications of system reliability modeling and allocation. The collection discusses various soft computing techniques like artificial intelligence and particle swarm optimization approach for reliability assessment. Importance of differentiating between the optimal release time and testing stop time of the software has been explicitly discussed and presented in the book.
- Creates understanding of the costs associated with complex systems
- Covers reliability measurement of engineering systems
- Incorporates an efficient effort-based expenditure policy incorporating cost and reliability criteria
- Provides information for optimal testing stop and release time of software system
- Presents software performance and security layout
- Addresses reliability prediction and its maintenance through advanced analytics techniques
Overall, System Reliability Management: Solutions and Techniques is a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach for better communication of problems and solutions to increase the performance of the system for better utilization and resource management.
Table of Contents
1. AI Approach to Fault Big Data Analysis and Reliability Assessment for Open Source Software 2. Modeling Software Fault Removal & Vulnerability Detection and Related Patch Release Policy 3. System reliability Optimization in Fuzzy Environment via Hybridized GA-PSO 4. Optimal Software Testing Effort Expending Problems 5. Revisiting Error Generation & Stochastic Differential Equation Based Software Reliability Growth Models 6. Repairable System Modeling Using Power Law Process 7. Reliability and Safety Management of Engineering Systems Through the Prism of "Black Swan" Theory 8. Reliable Recommender System using Improved Collaborative Filtering Technique 9. Major Techniques and Algorithms for Multisensor Data Fusion 10. Reliable Predictions of Peak Electricity Demand and Reliability of Power System Management 11. The Real-Time Measurement and Evaluation as System Reliability Driver 12. Optimizing Price, Release and Testing Stop Time Decisions of a Software Product 13. Software Reliability: A Quantitative Approach 14. Modeling and Analysis of Fault Dependency in Software Reliability Growth Modeling
Adarsh Anand earned his doctorate in the area of Software Reliability Assessment and Innovation Diffusion Modeling in Marketing. Presently, he is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi (INDIA). He has been conferred the title of "Young Promising Researcher in the field of Technology Management and Software Reliability" by Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM) in 2012. He is a lifetime member of the Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM). He is also on the editorial board of International Journal of System Assurance and Engineering management (Springer). He has guest edited several Special Issues for Journals of international repute. He has publications in journals of national and international repute. His research interest includes software reliability growth modelling, modelling innovation adoption and successive generations in marketing, and social network analysis.
Dr. Mangey Ram received his Ph.D., major with Mathematics and minor in Computer Science from G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar in 2008. He is an editorial board member in many international journals. He has published 102 research publications in national and international journals of repute. His fields of research are Operations Research, Reliability Theory, Fuzzy Reliability, and System Engineering. Currently, he is working as a Professor at Graphic Era University.