Tailings and Mine Waste 2003 Proceedings of the 10th International Conference, Vail, Colorado, 12-15 October 2003
Presenting cutting-edge thinking in the fields of mine and mill tailings, and mine waste, these proceedings also discuss current and future issues facing the mining and environmental communities, including matters dealing with technical capabilities and developments, regulations, and environmental concerns.
Papers address the following key areas:
· site characterization and monitoring
· reclamation and remediation
· protective liners, covers and barriers
· design, operation and disposal
· groundwater and surface water quality and modelling
· geotechnical and geochemical aspects
· reprocessing, utilization and treatment
· radioactivity and risk
· new technology
· policies and procedures
· case histories.
Preface; Organization; Site characterization; Design, operation and disposal; Geotechnical considerations; Liners, covers and barriers; Surface water quality; Groundwater and geochemistry; Remediation and reclamation; Reprocessing, utilization and treatment; New technologies and approaches; Policies and procedures; Case histories