Recharge your batteries and rekindle your excitement about teaching! This new, updated edition of the best-selling book, Teaching Matters: Motivating and Inspiring Yourself, offers practical advice on working with colleagues for inspiration, using social media to connect to other professionals, and adding fresh new appeal to your lessons.
The practical ideas and inspirational examples in this book will help you keep your passion for education alive and thriving in your classroom. Get use-now tips on everything from creating a positive atmosphere in the classroom to dealing with difficult peers. This is truly a must-have motivational resource for all educators!
Table of Contents
2. Ten Days Out of Ten
3. We Are All Teachers
4. It's Not Time--It's Energy
7. Could I Have a Refill Please? Opportunities for Renewal
8. Celebrating Yourself--You ARE a Professional
10. Making School Work for You
11. Unexpected Happiness
12. Your Home Away from Home
14. The Teaching World is a Twitter
15. Working with Negative People
16. Make Your Teaching SPARKLE
17. Students--The Most Precious Commodity