Technology in Context is a comprehensive and accessible analysis of technology assessment which defines and describes its role in the strategic management of firms. Subjects covered include:
* the fundamental concepts required for the management of technology
* the gathering of information in a firm to support strategic decisions on technology
* technology assessment in the United States Congress
* the wider social implications of technology
* problems associated with technology, from the danger of environmental degradation to employment and skills.
Technology in Context is a complete introduction to the theory and methods of technology assessment as a tool of strategic management. It will be a useful book for all those interested in the management and social role of technology.
1. Technology and Technological Innovation 2. Principles of Technology Assessment 3. Strategic Management of Technology 4. Contemporary Problems of Technology 5. Methods useful in Technological Assessment 6. Some Applications of Technology Assessment