Technology in Context is a comprehensive and accessible analysis of technology assessment which defines and describes its role in the strategic management of firms. Subjects covered include:
* the fundamental concepts required for the management of technology
* the gathering of information in a firm to support strategic decisions on technology
* technology assessment in the United States Congress
* the wider social implications of technology
* problems associated with technology, from the danger of environmental degradation to employment and skills.
Technology in Context is a complete introduction to the theory and methods of technology assessment as a tool of strategic management. It will be a useful book for all those interested in the management and social role of technology.